Tap water in Malaysia is undeniably unsafe for consumption. This is why the government and its tourism department have been firm in telling its people to consume bottled water or use a filter to ensure their safety and health.
However, a safe drinking water is a necessity not just in your own home but also in your workplace. Water, an important part of our bodily function and well-being, must be treated carefully to ensure its purity and freshness. Satisfying your basic human needs, through fresh drinking water, will help you achieve your daily work goals.
Reasons You Should Filter Water
- Filtering your water ensures better taste and smell by eliminating chemicals, heavy metal content, chlorine, and other bacterial contaminants.
- Filtering your water reduces risks of certain cancers such as bladder cancer, rectal cancer, and colon cancer by removing harmful chemicals such as Trihalomethanes (THMs).
- Having a water filtration system is proven to be cheaper. It is less expensive than bottled water consumption.
- About item number 3, filtering water is also good for the environment as it reduces toxic waste products to the environment.
- Water filtering minimizes risks of gastrointestinal diseases by eighty percent (80%) through the removal of highly dangerous bacteria such as E.coli, giardia, and cryptosporidium.
- Water filtration eliminates harmful contaminants and maintains mineral deposits in the water that retains its pH balance.
- Filters act as the final line of defense between your body and more than 2000 toxins contained in the water.
Now, that you know the benefits of having a good water filter system, it is best to understand the different types of water filter system which could be best used in your office. This is to ensure that you are safe from all the harmful chemicals discreetly lurking in the water even when you are away from home.
Types of Water Treatment System
- Reverse Osmosis
Reverse Osmosis is a treatment used to reduce dissolved ions or salt from the water. The reduction of ions is made through employing pressure to push the water through a semi-permeable membrane which rejects other dissolved materials from the water, itself. This process produces purer water on the other side of the membrane after the procedure.
- Ultraviolet Water Purification
It is not uncommon that sunlight can kill microorganisms. This is why the ultraviolet water purification is considered as one of the most effective disinfecting methods to be used to treat water before consumption. In this system, Ultraviolet or UV is used to penetrate harmful microorganisms or pathogens by attacking their DNA. It is proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria without affecting the quality of water such as its odor and taste.
Distillation is a water system used to kill bacteria or contaminants which have higher boiling point than water. In this procedure, the water is vaporized then turned to its liquid state again to remove contaminants. This process is proven to be effective in eliminating organic and inorganic chemicals like chlorine.
In Malaysia, certain companies provide water filter system to commercial establishments to safely filter their water. Water filter for office may cost at around RM 899 to RM 1,050 depending on the type of the filter system. This may seem costly, but considering the health benefits it could provide to the employees, in the long run, it’s a good investment.
If you are a business owner and you want to ensure the safety of your employees and consider the healthier choice, choosing and employing a water filter system should be your priority. Schedule an appointment to a myriad of water filter system companies to find the best water filter system that is right for you, and your business.